This is the second part of this series. If you think Modi’s handling of economy is so great as to compensate for all his other shortcomings listed below, then you are strongly advised to first read first part of the series!
Riots and false encounters:
- Watch how many of Modi’s close aides (including his defense lawyers!) were caught in a sting boasting of Modi’s role in the riots:
In case you are still doubting, note that CBI forensics report also authenticated the tapes and the people appearing in it. The video and the report have been accepted by courts.
- Modi admitted destroying crucial riots evidence of police vehicle logs and distress call records, citing bland procedures [read]. If he is really innocent, he would have preserved them as proof, wouldn’t he?
- An ex home minister of Guj, Haren Pandya, was assassinated just as he was starting to speak out about Modi’s role in calling a cabinet meeting on eve of the riots and asking his ministers and police to give rioters a free hand. [read]
- The State Intelligence chief during riot time, Sreekumar DGP, has deposed before the Nanavati commission saying the same on Modi – that, the orders to go free on rioters came from political bosses (read his account here).
- Modi uses a ‘carrot and stick’ policy for his senior police officers. After the above Intelligence chief Sreekumar’s deposition before the riots commission, he was hounded by Modi’s govt and even denied his due (it was again the courts that came to his rescue). On the other hand, other IPS officers like K.D.Patadia (who has been listed as a potential witness in the ongoing CBI investigation against Amit Shah mentioned below) has been promptly inducted into Modi’s party, as soon as they retired [read]!
- Modi’s former home minister, Amit Shah, has a court order against him from entering Gujarat for fear of influencing police and tampering with evidence! He was offered a temporary reprieve by the courts to campaign during 2012 gujarat assembly elections. But then, Modi has even given him a ticket to contest that election!
- Modi made Maya Kodnani the women & child development minister after she rioted and burnt many alive, including several women and children, and before the courts sentenced her for 28yrs. Was Modi trying to reward her?
One more rumor being planted by the Modi machinery is that he has been cleared of riots charges by the courts. Truth is, only a Metropolitan Court has heard the case so far and Both High Court and the Supreme Court has not yet started to even go through the SIT report and hear its arguments. On the other hand, Amicus Curiae (who is appointed by SC to give a neutral opinion on SIT report) has said that SIT is wrong to give a clean chit to Modi. The SC has also twice asked SIT to give its report to the IPS officers who could then prepare their arguments against SIT’s clean chit. Thus, the case is far from settled, unlike what the Modi brigade has been trumpeting.
Corruption and murder of activists:
- Modi stalled appointment of lokayukta for 9 yrs and even tried changing its appointment rules to put a man of his own choice, until HC strongly came against him; In the end, the HC chief justice had to appoint the lokayukta in concurrence with the state governor (as per guj lokayukta act which includes HC chief justice, CM and governor as selection members) [read]. In its observation on Modi, the Gujarat High Court said:
For preserving our democracy from being beleaguered and to prevent tyranny, it became absolutely essential for the governor to exercise discretionary power under Article 163 of the Constitution and to appoint Justice (retired) R A Mehta as Lokayukta, without or contrary to the aid and advice of the council of ministers headed by the chief minister, as their action and conduct were perilous to our democracy and rule of law. The CM acted under a false impression that he could turn down the superiority and primacy of Chief Justice’s opinion which was binding. The spiteful and challenging action demonstrates the false sense of invincibility
- Modi’s current Water Resources minister, Babulal Bokhiria, has been continuing in his ministry till today even after he has been convicted, in June 2013, to a 3 year jail term for a mining scam from 2006.
- Modi’s most powerful minister, Anandiben Patel, who will most likely take over as Gujarat CM if Modi moves to Delhi, has been slammed by the Supreme Court for favoring crony-corporations by illegally selling government lands.
- Modi’s nexus with Adani group in Gujarat has been documented and detailed in a recent Forbes article, while every Indian media has been silent on this. Modi’s stubborn silence on the Reliance-Congress gas pricing scam is also well known.
- Modi offered a 10% ($ 2 Billion) worth gas exploration stake in Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) to a shell company GeoGlobal registered in a Caribbean island with a total capital of mere 64$, just one person in it and no exploration experience! Not only that, GSPC even agreed to pay GeoGlobal’s 10% share in the common exploration costs. In the end, all that Geo had to do was take home profits and $ 2 Billion worth gas fields!
- Modi twice denied sanction to prosecute his cabinet minister, Purshotam Solanki, in a 400cr fisheries scam. Once again the HC had to intervene and give permission. His other cabinet minister, Anandiben, is accused of allowing a private company Indigold to make windfall gains by selling cheap govt lands, even when her own officers were against it. Modi still has not sanctioned prosecution. Kejriwal had also flagged these issues on his visit to Gujarat earlier. An RTI query revealed corruption in NREGA scheme in Gujarat with one BJP MLA, Vijay Patel, having multiple NREGA accounts in his name and siphoning off money.
- Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has indicted Modi’s government for causing huge losses to the public exchequer by favoring large business houses.
- In the last couple of years, RTI activists Amit Jethva, Nadim Saiyyad, Vikram Dodia, Jabbardan Gadhvi, Jayesh Barad and Yogesh Sendhva were killed or committed suicide in Modi’s gujarat for fighting against corruption and land grabbing. Gujarat has one of the highest number of murders of RTI activists. Gujarat BJP MP, Dinu Solanki, has been charge sheeted for the murder of Amit Jethva who was exposing illegal mining in Gir sanctuary.
- Modi’s brilliant solution to black money was to ask all candidates to *self-declare* that they dont have black accounts (see modi’s google hangout video!)
Shortlink to this page: http://wp.me/p2PlLD-1X